FluCoMa Podcast #01: Freida Abtan
The first episode of the FluCoMa Podcast where Jacob Hart talks with creative coder and educator Freida Abtan.
- Introduction (0:0)
- Getting into the world of audiovisual composition (1:40)
- Describing Freida's practice (5:20)
- Perspective on reactive audio design and gesture (9:3)
- Using FluCoMa-related technologies (14:3)
- Using systems at different scales (25:58)
- Learning and teaching technologies (28:22)
- What are computational ideas? (44:53)
In this first episode of the FluCoMa podcast I talk to Dr. Freida Abtan. We talk about some of the projects she has worked on, and her approach to creative programming in general. She discusses how computational approaches can be found at the heart of her artistic practice, and what the concept of reactive audio design means for her. As well as being an artist, Freida is also an educator, and we discuss her ideas around the teaching, dissemination and learning of technologies such as those found in the FluCoMa tools.
Here are the links to some of the things that were discussed during the podcast:
Subtle Movements (2007)
The WYSIWYG Project.
Kevin Austin, Concordia University.
Fear of Flight (2012)
Rebecca Fiebrink, Goldsmiths Univserity of London.