FluCoMa Podcast #15: Tomomi Adachi
Episode 15 of the FluCoMa Podcast where Jacob Hart talks with performer Tomomi Adachi.
- Introduction (0:0)
- Getting into music (1:5)
- Voice (4:37)
- Intermedia (7:12)
- Hacking and punk (11:53)
- Instrument design (15:5)
- Control and chaos (19:55)
- A place to find objects (22:28)
- Conceptual instruments (27:36)
- Voices from AI and experimental improvisation (34:10)
- Engaging with algorithms (41:33)
- Perspectives on sound (chatting with aliens) (44:55)
- Composition and translating musical ideas (48:45)
- Places and spaces (53:53)
- Interpretation (58:14)
In this episode of the FluCoMa Podcast I talk with Tomomi Adachi, a performer, composer, sound poet and installation artist. We discuss many aspects of his creative practice – notably his approaches to instrument design in various forms, and a recent project that merges artificial intelligence and vocal improvisation.
Here are the links to some of the things that were discussed during the podcast:
Tomomin and Tomoring:
- WaveNet: A generative model for raw audio.